Tzuk is funny

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tzuk is funny

Post by Rico on 8/8/2010, 23:19

So today I checked his buy page to see how much he'll be charging 1 year subscribers and its 36$ compared to the $40 lifetime. seriously? Its not a real option, not for the sane ppl anyways. Laughing Laughing

Rico
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tzuk is funny

Post by ssj100 on 8/8/2010, 23:30

Yes, he writes:

Cannot be upgraded to
a lifetime license.
You probably want the
lifetime license instead.

Drive SnapShot (on-demand)
ssj100
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile http://ssj100.fullsubject.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruhe on 9/8/2010, 01:50

Q: Is there a reason to prefer the time-limited license over the lifetime license?

A: Some promotional discounts are available only for the time-limited licenses. If you are not buying through such a promotional event, then you are advised to buy the lifetime license rather than the time-limited license.
http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?FAQ_Licensing
Ruhe
Valued Member
Valued Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 9/8/2010, 04:07

I think tzuk needs to stand back from this and take stock and not make panicky kneejerk reaction decisions that he may later regret. This runs counter to what the usership expect from the product and developer and I think he is in danger of damaging his own (hard won) reputation and the essential "viability" (not just financial) of Sandboxie which largely only exists (at it's present level) because of the support, hopes and dreams of it's existing faithful trusting userbase.

I think the recent attacks have disconcerted tzuk but (in my opinion) donning armour, pulling up the drawbridge and adopting a siege mentality is not the way to maintain your own integrity or the integrity of your product. There has been great support for tzuk and Sandboxie but if it becomes overcomplicated with multi-licencing, rentware options, "promotional events" and pricing disparities you may change user perception and destabilize the product irreparably.
I would love to know in simple terms what tzuk feels he has lost from the previous licencing model compared to his projected estimations during the period of it's use. At least then we can see what he is up against.

Last edited by patrick on 9/8/2010, 16:37; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by noorismail on 9/8/2010, 05:02

I thank you are dead right Patrick.
There was a time when maybe being Mucho-Macho was a survival enchanting quality,but now it just causes folks to slam on their breaks and take a hard look at you....

noorismail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top