mixed feelings about malware or other malicious software

View previous topic View next topic Go down

mixed feelings about malware or other malicious software

Post by jna90 on 20/8/2011, 22:38

I would like to make this topic in the Lounge section, since this is a mere personal opinion, thought or whatever. Very Happy

Of course I would like to see that malware or other malicious forms of attack/exploits would be non-existent eventually.
However bad the viruses and malware are, they still also make, as a sideaffect or direct result, our sytems and various programs better.
Sometimes we need the bad or darker things to make the good things even better.
Its like day and night. we love the sunlight during the day, but need the darkness of the night to rest and recover.

And to tell the truth, if we didn't need security or programs like sandboxie or malwarebytes, it would make computing a bit boring in my personal opinion that is of course.

Perhaps it makes programmers/developers in general better when they create totally different programs, since they are getting used to thinking out of the box.
Dare I say it, but if everything was always perfect and nothing goes wrong then maybe it would be even harmful to our intelligence somehow at some point.
Learning from mistakes or things that go wrong is helpful in getting insights or ideas you otherwise would not have.

So, do I hate malware ? Yes, of course ! Who wouldn't ?

Without the 'bad' there wouldn't be 'good'
without wrong there wouldn't be a right.

we need opposites in all sorts of things in life.. in politics, in our own personal lives.
Absolute good doesn't exist in my opinion as does absolute evil..
there is a mix of both of them. sometimes the evil is stronger, sometimes the good.
so it is with computing and computer programs.

jna90

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: mixed feelings about malware or other malicious software

Post by Peter5 on 21/8/2011, 03:55

jna90 wrote:I would like to make this topic in the Lounge section, since this is a mere personal opinion, thought or whatever. Very Happy

And to tell the truth, if we didn't need security or programs like sandboxie or malwarebytes, it would make computing a bit boring in my personal opinion that is of course.

Very, very boring Twisted Evil Very Happy Cool
Peter5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top