Kristal Advance Detector [Closed Beta]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kristal Advance Detector [Closed Beta]

Post by Guest on 2/3/2012, 02:29

I thought of sharing this tool here. It's a very promising tool, and I can assure you it will evolve quite well. Smile There's an upcoming beta version with new changes, so I would wait for that one, so that you get to see the new changes and you start making your suggestions as well.

You can know more about it and see how it's evolving, by reading from this post onwards -http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?&p=2015311&postcount=11

This will basically give users a reputation verifier. I can say upfront that, after suggesting it, the author will be adding a custom option to KAD, so that we can have it only monitor specified folders, such as our Downloads folder.

These are the most recent screenshots, of both the main GUI and Notification window.

Main GUI:

Activity Monitor, when clicking Enlarge:

Notification:

Analysis:

Back to top Go down

Re: Kristal Advance Detector [Closed Beta]

Post by wat0114 on 2/3/2012, 09:09

It looks interesting m00nbl00d, although I'm not really a fan of anything antimalware-related. Still, I might take a look in the vm this weekend. Thanks!

wat0114
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 2/3/2012, 09:17

Yeah... but it's more like a reputation system. In a next version, you can have it analyse only the files you download, by monitoring your downloads folder, for example.

We could think of it a bit like Internet Explorer/Windows Explorer (Windows Cool SmartScreen, and also a bit like Google Chrome/Firefox Safe Browsing.

Only a bit more advanced and with more sources. Of course, you can check you r whole system, but I find the real usefulness in a custom scan to check the reputation of files we download. Smile

It will be of great assistance to folks like my relatives... and geeks too. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top