ssj100's Security Setup updated for Windows 7 / 8 x86

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ssj100's Security Setup updated for Windows 7 / 8 x86

Post by Mr.X on 23/8/2013, 05:54

I am new to this forum and was reading this thread and I liked it so much: http://ssj100.fullsubject.com/t4-ssj100-s-security-setup

And then also I was wondering if this could be updated for Windows 7 and Windows 8 too. I guess that info needs some adjustments to these new Windows, or not?
Mr.X

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ssj100's Security Setup updated for Windows 7 / 8 x86

Post by ssj100 on 23/8/2013, 08:24

Welcome Mr.X and I'm glad you found it of some benefit reading my security guide.  However, it is simply just a guide, and if you understand the principles, you can apply them to Windows 7 and 8.

At the end of the day, the "security approach" is the most important part.  I have always believed (and still do) that the vast majority of "infections" come from the user manually "executing" something in the wrong environment (that is, on the REAL system).  But that's where the problem lies - it's the user's knowledge of what's (likely to be) safe and what's not.  I see the current trend of advice from self proclaimed "security experts" across various forums has moved from promoting a "layered-defense-with-anti-this-and-anti-that" to "stop-using-Windows-XP-because-it-is-inherently-unsafe-and-upgrade-to-7-or-8-or-Linux-and-use-Chrome-with-low-integrity-and-EMET-because-the-Chrome-sandbox-is-more-powerful-than-Sandboxie".

But at the end of the day, it's all for nothing without a good "security approach".  And to be honest, once you have developed the knowledge to carry out a good "security approach", you won't be asking for an updated guide or paying much attention to those self proclaimed experts.

Drive SnapShot (on-demand)
ssj100
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile http://ssj100.fullsubject.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.X on 23/8/2013, 08:53

OK I'll read more in your forum to increase my knowledge on this security aproach. Thanks a lot.
Mr.X

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top